Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Choosing the Date

When Brian and I got engaged in March 2009, I think we had slightly different timelines in mind regarding how soon the wedding would take place. He was most likely leaning toward the traditional twelve-month mark. I, on the other hand, was a little more anxious than that.

This is my engagement ring! Brian bought it online after much
consultation with close friends (girls who KNOW their diamonds).
I LOVE IT!

We had been dating for almost seven years and living together for over a year by the time Brian proposed, so I wasn’t terribly interested in a long engagement. I knew we could put the wedding together relatively quickly, considering my organizational skills (and the fact that I had been looking at wedding magazines and websites for quite a while). I was aiming for 2009 before the winter holidays. That meant October. Brian’s birthday is early- to mid-October, and we didn’t want to interfere with that. What would be a date that would be easy to remember? Sixteen… Brian’s hockey number. October 16, 2009, it is! It’s a Friday, so the venue and catering will be less expensive – always a plus! Also, out-of-town wedding guests will have Saturday and Sunday to continue the party and rest before traveling back home.

That meant we had 195 days to schedule, plan, and finalize everything. Let the games begin!

No comments: